- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Andras is teaming with the NBCUniversal-owned cable network to develop Axeholes, a meta drama that would be a co-production with Syfy.
Axeholes follows a mismatched bunch of comic convention attendees who inadvertently get transported into the real-life world of their favorite fantasy TV series, Blue Bar’Bara. In the worst role-playing game ever, the unequipped party must learn to navigate a dangerous land of profanity-spewing battle axes, sociopathic fairies, disturbingly sensual dragons and a chainmail-bikini-wearing shield maiden as they struggle to find a way back home.
Andras will serve as the exec producer and showrunner on the potential series, which for now is in development at the cabler. The project will be a co-production between Syfy and whatever studio boards the show. Should Axeholes move forward, both parties would bring in a studio to produce.
“Emily Andras leads with a distinct voice and tremendous vision. Syfy is committed to Emily’s brand of creative storytelling, and we are thrilled to continue our partnership with this project,” said Syfy vp original co-productions Josh Van Houdt.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene