- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thursday night’s X Factor (Fox, 8 p.m.) will be a rain date for all, as the show — preempted on Wednesday for the start of baseball’s American League Championship Series — finally puts the contestants in front of the judges for some one-on-one mentoring.
It was revealed yesterday that L.A. Reid, who’s guiding the boys, has teamed up with Rihanna for his portion of the contest, echoing what Simon Cowell told The Hollywood Reporter over the summer, that Reid was “expected to bring in big stars.” Now, THR has confirmed two more “judges homes” pairings: Nicole Scherzinger, who’s tasked with mentoring the “over 30s,” has partnered with Enrique Iglesias, while Paula Abdul, who mentors the groups, has been matched with Pharrell Williams.
Originally scheduled for October 12, 13 and 18, the first episode will now air on October 13 and the second on the 16th. The Oct. 18 episode remains unchanged.
As for Simon Cowell’s mentoring partner, it was supposed to be Mariah Carey helping him sort through the girls, but due to September’s Hurricane Irene, which grounded all flights out of New York at the time, the multi-platinum pop star was not able to film her portion.
See more exclusive photos from the episode below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery