- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gene Simmons’ daughter is apparently hoping to follow in her father’s footsteps.
Sophie, 19, reportedly showed up at the San Francisco auditions, accompanied by her father, who made a last-minute appearance to support her there Sunday, which also was Father’s Day.
TMZ cites sources who said that Sophie told the judges panel — which includes Simon Cowell, Antonio “L.A.” Reid and new additions Britney Spears and Demi Lovato — that she wanted to be judged on her own merits and not who her father is. There’s no word on whether the judges sent her through to the next round.
She’s not the only celebrity offspring to try out for a televised singing compeition in recent months. Jim Carrey’s daughter Jane Carrey tried out for Fox’s American Idol last season; she made it through to the Hollywood round, where she was ultimately cut.
Sophie has starred alongside Simmons and her mom, Shannon Tweed, and brother, Nick Simmons, since 2006.
The second season of X Factor premieres in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day