- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A source close to the show says Lopez has signed on officially. Meanwhile, Kardashian’s camp and the X Factor team have agreed on all points of her contract, and paperwork was expected to be signed Monday night.
The E! reality star and Extra host replace The X Factor’s season one host Steve Jones, who was axed in a bloodbath that also found judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger without jobs in late January. Following the firings, Simon Cowell repeatedly stated that he hoped to hire two judges for the forthcoming season, one female and one male.
Kardashian had long been rumored to fill the position. Her friendship with new X Factor judge Demi Lovato helped seal her deal, a source said.
Meanwhile, Lopez’s name only recently entered the fray. Other potential hosts said to have been on the shortlist included Corbin Bleu, Kevin Jonas and Kevin McHale.
Kardashian and Lopez screen-tested separately. It’s unclear whether they’ve been on camera together yet.
A representative for Fox had no comment.
The X Factor returned with its season two premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 12, with new judges Britney Spears and Lovato joining Cowell and L.A. Reid on the panel. Kardashian and Lopez are expected to appear when the live shows begin later this fall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day