- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carly Rose Sonenclar is headed back to TV.
The X Factor season two runner-up, who was mentored by Britney Spears during the competition, tweeted on Thursday that she’ll appear as a guest star in an upcoming episode of NBC’s Law & Order: SVU.
Sonenclar even posted a photo from her day on set, featuring a director’s chair and what looks like her face on screen in the background.
The 14-year-old will draw on personal experience for the role. She’s been cast as Grace, a contestant on a popular televised music competition, in an episode titled “Dissonant Voices,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The episode is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 30, but that is subject to change.
A fan favorite on The X Factor, Sonenclar consistently remained in the top two viewer-voted slots during the live broadcasts. Earlier this year, Sonenclar confirmed to multiple outlets that Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment had picked up her recording option, though a distribution deal with a label has yet to be announced.
The New York City native has previously appeared on Broadway as Young Cosette in Les Miserables and she originated the role of Chloe in the short-lived Wonderland.
— Carly Rose Sonenclar (@CarlyRoseMusic) October 2, 2013
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day