- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Auditions for the third season of The X Factor are underway in Charleston, South Carolina, but head judge Simon Cowell nearly didn’t make it.
Heavy rains in the area caused flooding and traffic problems which delayed the salty Brit from making the May 21 at the North Charleston Coliseum.
Cowell tweeted his frustration, writing: “Stuck on an island. Flooded in. Can’t get to the venue.”
There didn’t seem to be any worries on the new panel, however, as Demi Lovato and new judges Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio (pictured) handled their duties with aplomb — and humor.
“Ooooh, I’ll be Simon,” joked Rowland as she plopped into the boss’ chair.
Not long after, Cowell breezed into the venue with his usual smirk and charm ready to go. “Is it a coincidence that when I arrive, everything gets better?” he asked.
The show’s head judge and creator took a seat just in time to shoot down the hopes and dreams of one vocalist with a traditional Cowell-ism: “That’s four no’s, congratulations.”
Auditions for the show continue in Charleston on Wednesday, May 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day