- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – The team of judges for the U.K. version of The X Factor is slowly coming together, with ITV confirming the return of show veteran Louis Walsh for the music talent competition’s ninth season.
The music manager is the only judge to have been with the Simon Cowell-created show, which returns to ITV in late summer, since its launch in 2004. Last month, the show had already announced that Take That star Gary Barlow would return as a judge.
“Yep I’m back! It’s my ninth year on the show and as the only remaining original judge I’m delighted to take my seat once more on the judging panel,” he said in a statement.
Said Cowell: “The show wouldn’t be the same without Louis, I am really happy he is coming back. I hope he has an opportunity this year to show what an astute manager he is.”
The other judges for the show will be announced “soon,” with the Judges Auditions Tour starting later in the spring, ITV said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day