- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
X Factor winner Tate Stevens officially signed a record deal with Syco Music/RCA Records Nashville, according to a release.
The 37-year old Missouri native, who never came in less than second place during the entire competition, is currently in Nashville recording his debut release, which is due this spring. Stevens was crowned the victor of the show’s $5 million recording contract in December.
Stevens, who was mentored by L.A. Reid in the Over 25’s category, told The Hollywood Reporter in December that he was looking forward to his time in Nashville, and expressed a desire to write with country songwriters Luke Laird and Kim Tribble.
Stevens previously recorded an independent CD in 2008.
Pictured below (from left): Sony Music Nashville Chairman & CEO Gary Overton, Stevens, Ken Levitan (Vector Management), Sony Music Nashville VP A&R Jim Catino, Michelle Owens (Vector Management).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day