- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
[Warning: Spoilers ahead if you haven’t seen Wednesday’s episode.]
Mere moments into Wednesday night’s X Factor, Simon Cowell admitted that once more, the show made an error with one of its contestants.
“We believe we made a mistake with one act,” said Cowell, bringing back memories of last year’s early elimination of eventual winner Melanie Amaro.
With that, hosts Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez made the big reveal: Perky teen Diamond White returned to the X Factor stage as the mysterious 13th contestant with a performance of Whitney Houston‘s “I Have Nothing,” from The Bodyguard.
Britney Spears, who called up White with the good news in a taped segment, seemed proud of White, saying she “channeled Whitney” with her performance. Fellow judge Demi Lovato said she was trying not to cry, while L.A. Reid noted her choice was ambitious.
Could the addition of White back in the roster be a boon to mentor Spears‘ Teens category? Was this the decision of Spears, who gave White the ax in a total shocker last week, or did Cowell make a case behind the scenes?
What do you think, X Factor fans?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day