- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is making a slight change in its New Year’s Eve lineup, swapping out one singing competition winner for another.
American Idol season 11 victor Phillip Phillips, who was announced as a performer earlier this month, will no longer take the stage alongside Lifehouse and Carmen Electra on Dec. 31. Instead, the recently-crowned The X Factor winner Tate Stevens will perform.
Marlon Wayans will host the New Year’s Eve Live! broadcast, taking place from Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
Stevens, the 37-year-old country singer from Missouri, was mentored by L.A. Reid and took home the X Factor title, winning a $5 million record deal with Sony Music. He beat out Carly Rose Sonenclar and Fifth Harmony.
New Year’s Eve Live! is executive produced by Bob Bain, produced by Paul Flattery and directed by Michael Dempsey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion