- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The X-Files will officially welcome back Mitch Pileggi (Walter Skinner) for the upcoming Fox event series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Although Pileggi had been rumored to return for weeks — X-Files star David Duchovny mentioned Pileggi as likely returning during a recent talk show appearance — Fox had been mum about who else would be appearing in the upcoming revival aside from Duchovny and co-lead Gillian Anderson.
Pileggi’s Skinner is the only other character aside from Duchovny’s Mulder and Anderson’s Scully to appear in all nine seasons of the Fox drama and both movies. (He also appeared in the short-lived X-Files spinoff, The Lone Gunmen.) Skinner was Mulder and Scully’s boss, ally, occasional enemy and friend throughout the run of the franchise.
Pileggi announced his return to the series Monday via Twitter:
Very happy to announce that Walter Skinner will once again be getting all grumpy and bitchy with his two wayward kids. Very happy.
— Mitch Pileggi (@MitchPileggi1) April 20, 2015
Pileggi most recently appeared on TNT’s Dallas revival and also counts Supernatural and Grey’s Anatomy (with his former X-Files co-star James Pickens Jr.) among his credits.
Are you happy to have Pileggi back on X-Files?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day