- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With Fox set to debut the first episode of The X-Files revival for fans at New York Comic Con on Oct. 10, the network finally unveiled the official trailer for the upcoming series Monday during new episodes of Gotham and Minority Report.
Though this isn’t the first footage from the 2016 event series — the first on-air spots premiered during the final episodes of Wayward Pines — this marks the first full-length trailer for the show.
But as with many X-Files things, the trailer came with a twist: The first part aired during Gotham, while the second part aired during Minority Report.
In the Gotham hour, the spot started off with a Mulder (David Duchovny) voiceover, which acknowledged that in 2002 (the year the series ended), his investigation ceased…but his “personal obsession didn’t.” After Mulder is told he’s close, he admits, “Our work is the key. I can’t do this alone alone.” Cut to Scully (Gillian Anderson) receiving a call (and drop-in) from Mulder….
But that wasn’t all Fox had in store: the network released a full two-minute trailer (with additional footage beyond what was seen in the on-air spots) on Tuesday.
Check it out now!
The X-Files returns Jan. 24, 2016, on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day