- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Barry Keoghan, who was poised to star as Yorick Brown — the last living man on Earth — is exiting the beleaguered title, and FX will recast the central role in the drama series that has already suffered a showrunner change. Sources say FX and new showrunner Eliza Clark (Animal Kingdom) are already making offers to young actors to replace Keoghan, who broke out after feature Dunkirk. Sources say Keoghan is the only actor being recast in the series. Keoghan has been attached to the series since July 2018.
Green and Croal departed the series in April 2019 following creative differences with the network and producers. Clark, the new showrunner, was hired two months later and is said to be making her mark on the beloved title. It’s unclear if original pilot director Melina Matsoukas will be involved in the likely pilot reshoots or if the original episode will be entirely redone.
Collider first reported Keoghan’s exit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day