- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
So You Can You Can Dance has crowned a new winner.
Melanie Moore was named the season eight champion in Fox’s dancing competition on Thursday night.
She beat out second-place contestant Sasha Mallory; Marko Germar, who came in third; and fourth-place finisher Tadd Guadduang. Judge Nigel Lythgoe had predicted that one of the two female contestants would win.
Moore earned 47 percent of the 11.5 million votes to take the crown. Her prize includes $250,000 in cash and a spot in an energy drink campaign.
Upon the announcement, she was so overcome with emotion that she was only able to say “thank you” as she burst into tears.
Moore, a freshman at Fordham University in New York, has been dancing since she was 2 years old. Her specialty is contemporary dance.
The show’s finalists are set to hit the road with a tour that kicks off Sept. 19 in New Orleans and runs through Nov. 17, wrapping in Glendale, Ariz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day