- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Zac Efron paid a visit to Sesame Street to introduce the Word of the Day — patience — he also taught Elmo the meaning of the term.
“You have to wait in a calm way, you have to show patience,” the actor tells the furry star of the long-running children’s program, who attempts to distract Efron from his Word of the Day duties into a game of basketball.
Efron, who became famous as jock-turned-artiste Troy in Disney’s High School Musical films, eventually gets the message through to Elmo, who waits — patiently — until the basketball, which can apparently speak, bounces off to “go get some air.”
The 24-year-old star, whose movie credits also include 17 Again and Charlie St. Cloud, has gathered buzz of late for his roles in grittier fare such as Lee Daniels‘ The Paperboy opposite Nicole Kidman and an unexpected cameo as a mysterious hippie in Josh Radnor‘s Liberal Arts.
Check out his Sesame Street appearance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day