- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zach Braff’s Kickstarter project closed on Friday with over $3.1 million in pledged funds from over 46,000 supporters.
The Garden State filmmaker launched a project to raise money for a new film, titled Wish I Was Here, on the crowdfunding website on April 24. Within days, he hit his goal of $2 million in pledged funds.
The success led to the project getting additional gap financing at Cannes Film Festival, provided by Worldview Entertainment.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you. I won’t let you down! Lets do this,” the filmmaker wrote Friday on Twitter.
Kate Hudson, Jim Parsons, Josh Gad (1600 Penn) and Mandy Patinkin (Homeland) have all been cast in the film.
In addition to crowdfunded financing, Braff has stated that he also expected to invest his own money in the production.
Braff starred in the long-running sitcom Scrubs. He was reportedly paid $350,000 an episode for the 2007-2008 year of the ABC series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day