- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Don’t mess with Zendaya — she’ll expertly shut you down in the nicest and most helpful way possible.
The drama started earlier this week when someone tweeted a photo of Zendaya with her parents, Claire Stoermer and Kazembe Ajamu. The photo was meanly captioned, “they made a gorgeous ass child lol.” Other people with nothing better to do jumped on the comment, adding that her parents were “ugly,” among other insults.
Zendaya decided to make this a teaching moment. She responded on Twitter: “While you’re so concerned about what my parents look like, please know that these are two of the most selfless people in the world. They have chosen to spend their entire life, not worried about trivial things such as looks and insulting people’s parents on Twitter, but instead became educators who have dedicated their lives to teaching, cultivating and filling young shallow mind.”
“go look in the mirror and know that you too are beautiful, because such hateful things only stem from internal struggles,” she concluded. “Bless you.”
Read her full message below.
— Darri??minnie7 (@DARRI_MINNIE7) August 22, 2015
— Zendaya (@Zendaya) August 22, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier