- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The indie-rock romance to rule them all has ended: singer-actress Zooey Deschanel and Death Cab For Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard have separated after two years of marriage, a representative for Death Cab confirms.
According to Us Weekly, Gibbard and Deschanel — who began dating in 2008 and wed in Seattle, Wash. in September 2009 — reached a “mutual and amicable” decision to split. “There was no third party involved,” an unnamed source adds.
The news of the breakup arrives less than a week after Deschanel’s alt-folk outfit, She & Him, released its first holiday album, A Very She & Him Christmas, on Oct. 25. The singer-actress has also stayed busy as the star of the Fox sitcom New Girl, which was picked up for a full season after debuting to strong ratings in September.
Meanwhile, Death Cab For Cutie’s seventh studio album, Codes and Keys, debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart upon its release last May. The band is next performing on Nov. 11 at the Rolling Stone Weekender in Lubeck, Delaware. Gibbard also released the 2003 album Give Up as one-half of the electronic group the Postal Service.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro