- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She and her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi not only have launched a production shingle but inked a first-look deal with New Girl studio 20th Century Fox Television, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. As part of the two-year deal, the duo will be focused on developing both comedy and drama fare.
Had New Girl writer-producer J.J. Philbin‘s comedy Must Be Nice been ordered to pilot at Fox, Deschanel, Rossi and the femme-focused Hello Giggles website co-founder Molly McAleer would have served as executive producers on the potential series. The half-hour project, from 20th TV and New Girl‘s Chernin Entertainment, explored the generation gap between two women who are only seven years apart when a chaotic, single 27-year-old moves in with her more responsible, 34-year-old married sister.
Deschanel, who has a producer credit on New Girl, is repped by UTA, Seven Summits and Hanson Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day