- Share this article on Email
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Facebook
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Print
This story was created in paid partnership with Prime
It’s said that clothing speaks so you don’t have to say anything at all. The costumes, hair, and makeup in The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power don’t just speak, they tell entire stories. Each race and community in the show has a distinct look and feel, from the moss-studded camouflage that adorns the hardscrabble Harfoots to the immaculate regalia draped around the shoulders and heads of the Elves.
When you’re building a world like the Middle-earth of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, no thread or stitch can be out of place, or otherwise the entire fantasy comes undone. Each race of characters has a history that would influence the clothing they wore, from the fabrics they used to the colors they favored. This video lets viewers inside the minds of the show’s costume designers as they were conceiving and developing the garments worn throughout the first season. It’s a captivating look at what it takes to create a world, one piece of clothing at a time.
This story is part of The Hollywood Reporter and Prime’s Building Middle-earth video collection. Click HERE to explore further.